Our card specification & key management solution, SMARTControl, provides you with one or more bespoke credentials on a smart card/product that ensures the most secure functionality for your application. Our optional key management service can securely store your keys & help distribute to your chosen vendors, acting directly on your behalf if required. We supply documentation that enables you to transfer only the relevant information to suppliers or contractors ensuring they only have access to the information relevant to themselves and nothing more.
Smart Cards have been around for decades now and in that time, we have seen huge leaps in functionality and, as a result, mass adoption. Multiple applications often reside on a single card making it increasingly difficult for users to manage and control.
Universal Smart Cards constantly engages with their integrator based on just some of the following issues:
- Finding a process to manage multiple applications on a smart card. This may be for authentication, building entry, car parking, transit, payment etc
- Simplifying architectures that are often proprietary and difficult to use. Quite often these are smart cards that are in issue for a single application and finding a way to upgrade for multiple uses.
- Finding support to build a more open specification so multiple suppliers can work too.
- Ability to help users to take control of their data and to be able to flexibly encode cards for multiple applications
- Helping to make something that is more open or future-proof. This helps to look at both card security and price benchmarks.
What are the elements we will look at?
Our consultants will schedule several calls or meetings to explore several areas. This includes and is not limited to:
Examining the structure of existing card-based applications with both users and vendors.
- Looks at the level of security and any concerns
- Pricing and a benchmark against the market
- Looks at architectures available on chosen platforms
- Assesses key management structures available
- Considers scalability across multiple sites
- Looks at smart card reader technology in place
What will we provide at the end?
Once we have a good understanding of your needs, we will feedback on the existing card platform and recommend any options for improving this. We will then design the credential & encryption parameters. Once completed, we will provide several test cards for proper evaluation and testing on site. Support will also include the written documentation and we are on hand to help resolve any technical queries or integration issues with vendors.
In the case where Universal Smart Cards are supplying the readers, we will inject the correct key & settings into the reader to facilitate further testing.
The key data you wish to hold will be securely provided. If needed, we can hold any keys in escrow using our secure ‘key solution’ until such time as you are ready to take possession.
Prices start from £765.00 per day.
We are finding that the average specifications are taking approximately two days, but this can vary depending on the level of complexity.
Universal Smart Cards would be happy to engage in an initial scoping meeting if you need to discuss this further and we can confirm the approximate work that is needed afterwards.
Please give us a call today if you need help with the modelling (as below).